AAS 2013 Election
American Astronomical Society Election Ballot 2013 - Voting Ends on 31 January 2013 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time Zone)
The 2013 election for AAS President, AAS Vice President, AAS Secretary, AAS Councilors, and AAS Nominating Committee is now open, and will close on 31 January 2013.
You will need your AAS member login ID (which defaults to your membership number), and your password.
You can vote for one of the two candidates for President:
- Chris Impey, University of Arizona
- Meg Urry, Yale University
The President will become the AAS President-Elect in June 2013.
You can vote for one of the two candidates for Vice-President:
- Chryssa Kouveliotou, NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center
- Nancy D. Morrison, The University of Toledo
The successful candidate will serve as Vice-President for three years.
You can vote for one of the one candidates for Secretary:
- George F. (Fritz) Benedict, McDonald Observatory, University of Texas
The successful candidate will serve as Secretary for three years.
You can vote for three of the six candidates for Councilor:
- Sarbani Basu, Yale University, Department of Astronomy
- Geoffrey Clayton, Louisiana State University
- Dawn M. Gelino, NASA Exoplanet Science Institute (NExScI), IPAC, Caltech
- Jeff Mangum, National Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Dara J. Norman, National Optical Astronomy Observatory
- Nicole S. van der Bliek, National Optical Astronomy Observatory
The successful candidates will serve as Councilor for three years.
You can vote for two of the four candidates for Nominating Committee:
- Rica Sirbaugh French, MiraCosta College
- Massimo Marengo, Iowa State University
- Jacob Noel-Storr, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Virginia Trimble, University of California, Irvine
The successful candidates will serve on the Nominating Committee for three years.
Current time: Friday, 15 January 2021, 01:42:54 pm EST (-05:00 GMT)
Voting opened: Thursday, 13 December 2012, 12:00:00 am EST (-05:00 GMT)
Voting closed: Thursday, 31 January 2013, 11:59:59 pm EST (-05:00 GMT)
The time has passed to vote on this ballot.